For the person of faith, everything that happens on earth is under the guiding hand of heaven. We do everything we can to achieve success, but without heaven’s help, we labour in vain. Zion’s most fundamental principles are contained in these ideas. With that in mind, we present some blessings that are at the foundation of our work:
The Five Books of Moses – contain the following blessings in Genesis 49:28
- Gen 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
- Gen 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
- Gen 49:20 Out of Asher his bread shall be fat, and he shall yield royal dainties.
- Gen 49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall.
- Gen 49:25 Even by the G-d of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:
- Gen 49:26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.
- Gen 49:28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel: and this is it that their father spoke unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.
Rabbi Berland is the Dean of the Shuvu Banim Yeshiva in Jerusalem. He is one of the leading rabbis of the Bratzlav Hassidic court, numbering scores of thousands around the world. The Bratzlav Hassidic court is one of the leading Hassidic movements today, both in and outside of Israel.
On September 26, 2005 in a private meeting with John Brown, Rabbi Berland bestowed his personal blessing on Zion and its Joseph Project.